Aging is inevitable. However, you can definitely delay the signs of aging by taking care of your skin. As we age, the natural production of elastin and collagen reduces, which can lead to folds in the skin that we know as wrinkles. Fine lines are also a sign of aging, and some of these signs may become evident in your early 30s too. While there are too many cosmetic procedures that promise to reverse aging, we are sharing the top natural ways to prevent and delay wrinkles and fine lines.
- Try essential oils. Many known bloggers, such as Oily Gal Jenna Lee, recommend essential and carrier oils for fine lines and wrinkles. Let’s get real – you cannot really stop aging, but with essential oils, you can take care of your skin better, which can delay the appearance of wrinkles. Some of the best oils for aging skin include carrot seed oil, jojoba oil, and coconut oil.
- Wear a sunscreen. Using a sunscreen is the best way to protect your skin from early aging. Try using a broad-spectrum sunscreen with SPF of at least 30, and make sure that you wear your sunscreen at least 15 minutes before stepping out. Even when you are not stepping out, you need to wear a sunscreen on a daily basis.
- Quit smoking. Believe it or not, smoking actually ages your skin sooner than normal, and you are more likely to have wrinkles and age spots. If you are not confident about quitting smoking, just try nicotine patches for a while. Of course, it takes determination, but is in the best interest of your skin.
- Add antioxidants to your diet. Antioxidants help in getting rid of free radicals in the body, which will help in preventing and slowing the aging process. There are many foods that are rich in antioxidants, including fish varieties rich in omega-3 fatty acids, cherries, and berries.
- Develop a skincare routine. It doesn’t take more than 15 minutes at night to take care of your skin. Start by cleansing the skin and use a face wash that has natural ingredients. Next, you can use a toner followed by a moisturizer. If you want to use essential oils, you can add them to your moisturizer, or replace the moisturizer with a hydrating essential oil.
Looking young at every age
You don’t have to look 20 at 50, but your skin shouldn’t look aged beyond your real age. The idea is to take care of your skin from an early age. If you are using skincare products, lean towards brands that use natural ingredients and try and use essential oils more often. Also, it is a good idea to exfoliate your skin often, and no matter how tired you are, never to the bed with your makeup on. When you don’t want to spend on expensive products and cosmetic procedures, all you need is the right approach towards skincare. Pamper your skin with a facial once in a while.